Guys. Help. Summer is gone!!! I can’t believe it – it goes by so fast!! How the heck did this happen?!?!?! Today was the LAST day of the pool – soon Birkenstocks will be gone too….luckily mine will fit me next year. For sure.
And all the other summery things are going away too! For example, the summer wreath we had on our door. The flowers…the vacations…the beach…it’s now officially fall.
There are many amazing things about fall too, however. For example – the leaves make great blog photos, and leggings are going to be back in style. @Hannah at the striped plaid did a whole letterboard quote thing with her fall leaves – check it out! https://thestripedplaid.wordpress.com/2019/09/13/9-aesthetic-fall-letterboard-quotes-ft-main-event- usa/ is the link.
OK, so Topic #2: what do I think about the VSCO trend?
For those of you who don’t know, there’s a trend going around based on VSCO girls – just google it, I can’t explain it…
- Save the turtles – This one I fully support. Come on guys – save the turtles! I don’t use a metal straw though, so I guess I’m not really acting on the idea…
- Overlarge shirts as dresses – Sorry, but this one I hate. I just feel like it’s so weird and odd to be wearing something that isn’t meant to be a dress as a dress. I just can’t pull it off. Sorry guys!!
- Seashell necklace – Maybe. I mean, it depends on the occasion. I’m SO not a jewelry person, but when I’m going somewhere nice, it’s pretty cool to have a cute necklace. So, yeah, sometimes.
- Birkenstocks – Guilty. These shoes are so comfy and stylish – well worth the price. OK, MAYBE they’re my favorite pair of shoes EVER. VSCO girls have it completely right with these. GOOD CHOICE GUYS.
- Scrunchies – I’m sorry but no. I own TWO scrunchies from when I was still a gymnast. These fall RIGHT out of my hair, and wearing like 20 on my wrists is just cumbersome. They’re just not good for me. I don’t pull it off well. But hey, on others they look amazing. I have nothing against VSCO girls, I just wouldn’t want to be one.
- Sksksksksk & And I oop- – No. Just no. Sometimes they’re fun to say, but I find it annoying to constantly say them in conversation. Sorry guys!! 😦
- Mario Badescu stuff – Haven’t tried it. I have no opinion – it could be good, might not be. I’m hoping it’s good at least.
- Hair in a bun – Maybe, I like keeping my hair down, but this doesn’t seem like a must for VSCO girls, sooooo….
- And of course – the VSCO app – I honestly don’t know. Haven’t tried it yet, if it’s good then sure, I like it.
- Hydroflasks and friendship bracelets – No opinion. Any water bottle is good water bottle. Friendship bracelets, well they’re really cute, I just don’t have a thing for jewelry.
OK, that’s all the VSCO related things I can think of- comment more if you have one I didn’t include. My overall take on VSCO – I am NOT a VSCO girl, but I don’t care if anyone else is. You guys are beautiful as VSCO girls, it really just isn’t my thing at all.
Next up: Yesterdaywas the FIRST day of Tae Kwon Do at my new belt – ahhh!!!
OK, so overall………IT WAS SO GREAT!! For all of you reading this…hi Kate….who want to get to 1st brown belt someday, it was totally worth the wait. Totally. 1st brown belt is really fun and to be honest – I wish I had tested like 5 months earlier. I love it so, so much!
My next class at this belt is tomorrow – or Wednesday. Wish me luck because this is so amazing. It’s so nice to see people who I knew at my previous belt.
After my class, I really wanted to wait for my friends at 2nd brown (my old belt) so me and Anah waited for our friends Kate, Keya, and Will. It was their 2nd class and it was nice to catch up with them because our schedule isn’t that correlated.
SOOOOO….overall – this has been my favorite belt so far. Comment down below if you want to see a few pictures besides this one from graduation on Friday:
This amazing photo was taken right after I was awarded my belt. I was shaking hands with my instructor, Master Pineda. The side of my hair shown is the one without the green stripe at the time.
I really enjoy Tae Kwon Do, and I just found out that I know all the curriculum for this belt already from a seminar I go to on Sundays with black belts, which is nice. No curriculum to memorize, so this belt is about improving my technique.
Thank you for reading – my French is waiting for me, and I have way too much spelling.
Bye guys! ❤ ❤ ❤ 😀 😀 😀